Bumper turnout for Pier's free Guy Fawkes extravaganza

by Nigel Brown Nov 06 2018 0     665
Share Tweet Pin it Google Plus

November 5, 2018

 

Almost 3,400 people packed onto Clacton Pier for its free Guy Fawkes fireworks extravaganza at the weekend.

Hundreds more watched from the promenade as two colourful displays were staged for the first time, thanking customers for their loyalty over the year.

The mini tots display took place at 7pm on Saturday and was followed by the main one at 8pm, with many staying on at the attraction to enjoy both.

The normal budget had been doubled to make sure that the event was as spectacular as ever with thousands of pounds worth of fireworks lighting up the sky.

Nigel Brown, the Pier’s Communication Manager, said that the change from just the one display later in the evening had received positive feedback.

“Parents of young children were pleased that they were able to come to the extravaganza without them having to stay out too late,” he said.

“We wanted to make sure that all ages could come and have fun and we are thinking of keeping the two displays for November – and perhaps at Easter.

In between people took the chance to enjoy the rides for the final time this season and also use some of the new attractions such as Skull Point Adventure Golf.

Free live musical entertainment was provided by Stuck in the Middle in the Boardwalk bar from 6pm to 10pm.

The Pier stages seven free fireworks extravaganzas through the year.

Staff are now preparing for the Christmas party packages and the new Breakfast with Santa events which begin on the first weekend in December.

Full details are available at www.clactonpier.co.uk and are posted on the Pier’s Facebook page.

Photo by KEVIN JAY

Related Stories

Leave a comment